On Monday, June 12, the Chair of the Building Committee, Bill Bohning, met with the Church Council and presented them with the response of the congregation to date for the Building On Our Mission Building Campaign. That presentation included the number of pledges received to date and the total financial support those pledges represent, which are as follows;
- Total informational folders and pledge forms given out – 320
- Total pledge forms returned – 109 (34% of the total given out)
- Total dollars pledged – $424,444 (42% of the one million dollar goal)
Based on the current level of participation and the overall financial support from the congregation as represented by the numbers above, the Building Committee’s recommendation to the Council was to extend the fundraising timeline to October in order to provide the opportunity for all members to submit their Faithful Intent Pledge Forms. Support from the congregation will be reassessed at that time and another recommendation will be made to the Council, which could include the suspension of the project in its entirety if the necessary support is not received. A motion was made and approved by the Council to accept the Building Committee’s recommendation.
- Results of the fundraising campaign to date, along with the Building Committee’s recommendation to extend the fundraising timeline as stated above, will be shared with the voters at the Annual Voters Meeting on June 25.
- Fundraising subcommittee members will develop a strategy/plan to contact all members who have not yet responded to the project.
- Building committee members will conduct research into several foundations and grants and assess potential grant opportunities.
Again, please know that your response to the project, regardless of your stance on the project or your ability to contribute to it financially, is essential in helping determine the next course of action.
- If you support the project, but are unable to contribute financially to it at this time, please submit a pledge form stating so.
- If you do not support the project, please submit a pledge form stating so.
We thank you and encourage any level of commitment to help expand the ministry of Mount Olive Church and School!
B.O.O.M. – Building Committee Members